The school renovation included: refurbishing the internal and external school premises, renovating the gym and installing a central heating system. Committed to the highest safety standards, TAP also equipped the Bilisht High School with a fire alarm system and emergency exit stairs.
TAP Country Manager for Albania Ad-Interim, Michele Elia, noted the importance that TAP places on the improvement of studying conditions as an investment for the future: “In addition to the pipeline construction, TAP is committed to improving the life of communities along our route through social and environmental investments. We are confident that quality of life is closely related with the education of the young generation. In this regard, the renovation of schools and kindergartens has been a priority for TAP. To date, we have supported the complete renovation of four schools.”
The “Fuad Babani” High School Principal, Hajdër Lilo, commented: “The school was in a very poor condition. On the third floor it was almost impossible to teach because of the roof. Plastering had been damaged and there were high dampness levels. Thanks to TAP’s investment, the situation has now improved; we have better conditions.”
To complete this project, TAP closely cooperated with the Devoll Municipality and was supported by the Devoll Mayor, Bledjon Nallbati. The same cooperation between TAP and the Devoll Municipality is under way for the realisation of other social and environmental investments in this municipality.
The works for the school renovation were undertaken by two Albanian companies. Abkons, which is TAP’s contractor for social projects, managed the school renovation, while the AD-star shpk & Kefa shpk carried out the works, employing approximately 80 people.
The “Fuad Babani” High School is the third school being completely renovated as part of TAP’s SEI programme. In 2015, TAP renovated the sport facilities of the “Andon Profka” school in the Seman village. In October 2017, TAP inaugurated the “Thanas Ikonomi” school in Grecalli, Fier, while in November 2017, TAP inaugurated the “7 Dëshmorët” school in the Roskovec Municipality.
TAP Social and Environmental Investments Implemented in Albania
- Renovation of the “Andon Profka” gym in Seman, Fier (June 2015)
- Reconstruction of the two-lane Çorovoda bridge (October 2016)
- First phase of the awareness campaign on road, home, and work safety (2016)
- First round of internships for students (December 2016)
- Humanitarian aid for communities impacted by floods and harsh weather (February 2017)
- Construction of two panoramic structures on the Osumi Canyon in Çorovoda (June 2017)
- Complete reconstruction of the “Thanas Ikonomi” school in the Grecalli village, Fieri (June 2017)
- Donations of uniforms and equipment to firefighting services (August 2017)
- Renovation of the “7 Dëshmorët” school in Struma, Roskovec (September 2017)
- Second phase of the awareness campaign on road, home, and work safety (October 2017)
- Second round internships for students (December 2017)
- Humanitarian aid for communities impacted by floods in Fieri and Berati (December 2017)
- Reconstruction of the “Fuat Babani” school in Bilisht, installation of a new heating system (December 2017)
- Clean-up of Osumi River in Berat (December 2017)
- Provision of benches for Tirana’s main square (January 2018)
- Air conditioning system installed in the “Zylyftar Veleshnja” school in Çorovoda (January 2018)
- Donation of 1,000 Trees for the Municipality of Tirana (March 2018)
- Rehabilitation of the Water Supply System in Mbrostar, Fieri (March 2018)
- Provision of furniture and 400 books for the City Library in Berat (March 2018)