TAP is financially supporting:
- The 4-semester course "Petroleum oil and gas management & transportation," offered by the Department of Business Administration and the Department of Environmental Engineering & Pollution Control at the Technological Educational Institute of Western Macedonia, in collaboration with the Azerbaijan State University of Economics.
- And the 3-semester course "Energy Technologies & Management," taught at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Western Macedonia.
Both programmes will be funded for at least 5 years. TAP’s contribution amounts to €100,000 per year for
each postgraduate programme.
These two Master’s degree programmes can accommodate max. 90 students on an annual basis:
- 50 students at the Technological Educational Institute of Western Macedonia
- and 40 at the University of Western Macedonia.
This SEI project aims at promoting education and scientific research, as well as improving skills and abilities on a constantly developing strategic sector – such as energy. Both courses focus on natural gas, as well as the management of other fossil fuels and renewable energy sources. And by covering at least 50% of each student’s tuition fees for both programmes, TAP renders the offered courses more accessible.
Key stakeholders from the area have endorsed these initiatives, including:
- the Head of the Western Macedonia Prefecture, Theodore Karypidis
- the Mayors of three significant municipalities in the Prefecture, namely Anestis Aggelis from Kastoria; Panagiotis Kepaptsoglou from Argos Orestiko; and Paschalis Gketsios from Nestorio
- Professor Evangelos Siskos of the Technological Educational Institute of Western Macedonia
- Professor Yannis Bakouros of the University of Western Macedonia